These air fryer chicken bites are ready in 15 minutes and will save you on a busy night! They make a wonderfully quick protein option on their own or tossed in a salad or veggie bowl.
Even better, they're essentially an un-breaded version of homemade chicken nuggets and something that everyone will love.
Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce to make dinner extra fun and a BREEZE.
These bite-sized chicken pieces are seasoned with simple, everyday spices and cook up in a matter of minutes in the air fryer basket. Air fryer chicken bites are quite possibly the easiest finger food option that both kids and grown-ups will enjoy!
Since there's no breading, the prep work is super simple. Plus, this air fryer chicken bites recipe is gluten-free, keto-friendly, low-carb and paleo.
Labels aside, they're DE-LISH. We've been enjoying finger food night on a weekly basis and these (along with my healthy air fryer wings) are a family favorite.
Prep a quick veggie to go with them, line up those dipping sauces, and you've got yourself your own (healthier) finger food night that's quick, fresh and free of preservatives.
ingredients for air fryer chicken bites
Six ingredients, super basic, simplicity at its best. These healthy air fryer chicken nuggets check all of those boxes.
Sure, those kinds of recipes aren't very impressive or exciting but they're the real MVPs of real life (and my dinner rotation). I can guarantee this is especially true if you live in a house with little eaters. 😉
Here is the full list of simple ingredients you'll need to make air fryer chicken bites:
- Chicken tenderloins (sometimes labeled chicken tenders). The pieces will need to be cut into small, 1-inch (or so) bites. Tip: sharp kitchen shears are 1000% a better option than a knife and cutting board. Save yourself some time and effort and reach for those kitchen scissors to cut chicken.
- Seasonings. A simple blend of salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika is all you need. Feel free to use/add your own favorites!
- Avocado oil. Avocado oil is a neutral oil with a high smoke point which makes it a great choice for temps 400°F and above. If you don't have it, you can substitute extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil or melted ghee.
let's make air fryer chicken bites
I tested this recipe with my basket-style air fryer so if you have a toaster oven style of fryer, note that it may require a bit longer of a cooking time.
Here's how to make this extra quick dinner:
- Preheat and prep. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Cut the chicken tenderloins and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Make the seasoning blend. In a small bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Coat and season the chicken. Transfer the chicken chunks into the air fryer basket. Pour the oil over the chicken and sprinkle the seasoning on, tossing the chicken so it's evenly coated. Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Air fry the chicken. Place the basket in the air fryer and air fry for 7-9 minutes, flipping about halfway through the cook time. Remove and let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
watch the recipe video
quick tips for the best results
This air fryer chicken bites recipe is not only incredibly easy, but it's easy to modify, too! Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you prepare the boneless chicken bites.
- Depending on the style of air fryer you have, the cook time may vary. For best results, use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F.
- You can substitute boneless and skinless chicken breast for chicken tenderloins. Skinless and boneless chicken thighs are also a great option if you trim off any excess fat.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Other yummy seasoning variations include:
- The dipping sauce options are endless! Here are a few ideas:
The hot air that circulates in the air fryer results in a quick cook time and the simple seasonings add great flavors to these easy chicken bites. These air fryer chicken bites are a fast and easy option if you're looking to add protein to healthy meals, salads, and more.
Air fryer chicken bites prove that no breading is necessary to create tasty little morsels the whole family will love!
what to serve with air fryer chicken bites
These make the perfect appetizer or main course, with a few other sides to round out the meal.
Air fryer chicken bites go great with:
- Keto cornbread
- Crispy air fryer broccoli
- Keto broccoli salad with bacon and maple dressing
- Cauliflower risotto
- Crispy roasted Brussels sprouts with sriracha
- Keto buttermilk biscuits
more air fryer recipes you'll love...
- Chipotle air fryer chicken thighs , a crispy, slightly spicy, delicious way to enjoy chicken thighs (reminiscent of fried chicken)!
- Whole chicken in the air fryer is incredible! The chicken roasts beautifully and the prep time is so fast.
- Keto air fryer pork chops and onions is a flavor-packed meal. The onions and pork chops cook together and make the perfect pair.
- 1-½ pounds chicken tenderloins
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (can sub melted ghee or olive oil)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Rinse the chicken tenderloins and pat them dry with paper towels. Use sharp kitchen shears to cut the chicken tenderloins into 1-½-inch pieces.
- In a small dish, mix together the salt, black pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Transfer the chicken pieces into the air fryer basket. Pour the oil over the chicken and sprinkle the pieces with the seasoning mix, tossing the chicken so it's evenly coated. Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and cook for 7-9 minutes, flipping about halfway through the cook time.
- Remove and let the chicken cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 0gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 56g
This nutritional information is approximate and is provided for convenience as a courtesy.